Our camps are open to males and females, minimum age 13 at time of camp – no exceptions! Past camp participants ranged in age from 13 to 57 with experiences ranging from none to all the way up to many years at level 6. Whether your goal is to get into the professional ranks, JR. hockey or move up to the Pee Wee level, our camps are designed to provide you with the necessary tools needed to enhance your officiating skills or simply just get you started in officiating.
Don Koharski Officiating and Development Referee Camp Features:
- Pay in full before May 1st and your name will go into draw for prize of full refund
- 9+ hours of instructional ice time
- 6+ hours of interactive classroom instruction with more videos on topics such as positioning, game management and the art of secondary awareness
- Two on-ice evaluations
- Learn from the very best of instructors from the NHL and minor pro leagues. Meet your JR instructors, former students of the camp who went on to work QMJHL, OHA, OHL.
- Special Guests
- Camp Photo
- Our meal plan
- Great opportunity to showcase your skills in front of league reps at the amateur and professional levels
- Saturday catered dinner, entertainment and award night
- Daily draw prize
The following is to be used as a guide ONLY so you have an idea of the hours you will be spending at the camp. A detailed weekend schedule will be emailed to all registered officials a week before the camp.
Friday: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm (pizza and refreshments)
Saturday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm (lunch, catered dinner and refreshments)
Sunday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (lunch and refreshments)