Our camps are open to males and females, minimum age 13 at time of camp – no exceptions! Past camp participants ranged in age from 13 to 57 with some having never officiated to a few with 25+ years of working as a hockey official. Whether your goal is to learn the basics to get you started, move up to the Pee Wee level, JR. hockey or get exposed to the professional ranks, our camps are designed to provide you that exposure and the necessary tools needed to enhance your officiating skills.
Don Koharski Officiating and Development Referee Camp Features:
- 8+ hours of instructional ice time
- 6+ hours of interactive classroom instruction with videos on topics such as positioning, game management and the art of secondary awareness
- Learn from the very best of instructors from the NHL, NCAA and minor pro leagues. Meet your JR instructors, former students of the camp who went on to work QMJHL, OHA, and OHL.
- Special Guests
- Camp Photo
- Gift package
- Partial meal package
- Great opportunity to showcase your skills in front of league reps at the amateur and professional levels
- Register with full payment on or before April 15th and your name will be entered for the draw prize of free tuition.
The following is to be used as a guide ONLY so you have an idea of the hours you will be spending at the camp. A detailed weekend schedule will be emailed to all registered officials a week before the camp.
Friday: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm (pizza and refreshments)
Saturday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (lunch and refreshments)
Sunday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (lunch and refreshments)